TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Why is it needed?
- How do I apply this information to my procurement process?
- The right ways to use Items Custom Fields and Documents Custom Fields:
- How to set up Items Custom Fields and Documents Custom Fields:
Why is it needed?
All companies have a procurement history with data. The procurement data should be analyzed.
To make the correct business decision, companies analyze their spendings by various parameters.
Procurement data allows answering a couple of business questions:
- With what suppliers do we work? And what supplier's relationships are risky?
- On which categories have we spent the most?
- Which departments/projects take a more significant part of a budget?
- Are we under or over the budget?
- What types of Expenses do we have?
If you want to see your procurement data that way, you can use Items Custom Fields and Documents Custom Fields.
How do I apply this information to my procurement process?
You can add Items/Documents Custom Fields in the Configuration tab. You can add as many Custom Fields and options as you need. Also, you can add up to 5 sub-levels to every option.
These are the right ways to use Items Custom Fields and Documents Custom Fields:
- Do you need to know the General Ledger account code while approving Purchase Orders/Invoices?
If yes, take your General Ledger codes and add them to the Items Custom Field.
Please note, this Custom Field should be available in Items, Purchase Orders, and Invoices.
- Do you need to see the General Ledger codes in Invoice/Purchase Order exports, but you don't want to see them in documents?
Add them to the Items Custom Field and make this Custom Field available in items.
- Do you need to see the departments or projects while approving Purchase Requests/Orders/Invoices?
If yes, take your Departments or Projects list and add it to the Documents Custom Field.
Then configure the access to the Document Custom Field for each user:
You can also use Custom Fields for specifying:
- Purchase Order type / purpose / category
- For which customer the Purchase Order is for
- Type of Material
- Validity Date
- Item Brand
- Any other Date / Text / Select custom fields that can help you to add necessary information to documents
Please note, All values of Custom Field for Documents will be copied from the original document. So if you create an Invoice from Purchase Order — Custom Fields will be copied from the Invoice to the Purchase Order.
How to set up Items Custom Fields and Documents Custom Fields:
- Follow this link to read more about the functionality of Documents Custom Fields
- Follow this link to read how to set up Documents Custom Fields
- Follow this link to read how to set up Items Custom Fields