A receipt is a way to track that the Purchase Order has led to a delivery.
This process will be useful for your company if you are tracking the stock balance in your Warehouses.
To configure the receiving process:
- Define the responsible employee.
- Turn on the "Receipt" in the Configurations.
- Add the user for the employee with the role "Receipts" and send this guide to them.
There are three scenarios available for receiving products:
- receiving a partial order
- receiving a full order
- receiving a modified order
The Purchase Order will be viewed as fully received when all the items are marked as received.
To create a receipt follow these steps:
- Go to the left-side menu, choose Receipt and click the Create receipt button
- Choose the required Purchase Order
- Check the products you have received and make any necessary edits - then Click Confirm button.
If you see that the products you have received differ by name/SKU you should ask your Procurement manager to Revise the Purchase Order. You can find the Purchase Order initiator's email on the page where you create a Receipt.
Before revising a Purchase Order delete all incomplete Receipts. Items added to Receipt are not available for revision within the Purchase Order.
Only after the Purchase Order is Revised, you can create a new Receipt.
Please notice: Items which are already added to one Receipt should be confirmed. You can't reuse them in a new receipt.
Keep track of your open receipts and confirm them.