All Users' roles are divided into identifiable categories. Each category allows for the control, monitoring, and/or changes within a particular document or functionality. There are seven of them:
2. Supplier management
5. Payment roles + Budgets
Let's have a look at all of them one by one.
1. Configuration Roles
Users who have configuration roles have an opportunity to set up basic settings and create approval workflows.
They can set up:
- company locations or departments where POs should be delivered to - Company Locations;
- add and manage Precoro users as well as set up their accounts and roles - User Management;
- view and refill the company's Precoro balance - Company Balance;
- create and manage Custom fields for items and Custom fields for documents - CFI/CFD set up;
- create and set up the company's various legal entities as needed - Legal Entities;
- set up the Inventory management module if it is required by your company's process - Inventory guide;
- set up an approval workflow for all documents (PO, PR, RR, Receipt, Invoice) - Approval Workflow.
2. Supplier Management Roles
Supplier management allows users:
- adding vendors to the Precoro account and entering their information into the system.
- creating and updating prices in the catalog of items,
- managing categories and item units.
- creating Item groups and Item bundles (if it is needed for the company purchase process).
- saving and storing any contracts with suppliers
- tracking the contractual period and terms.
3. Initiator Roles
Users with Initiator Roles have the opportunity to create and edit the following documents:
- Purchase Requisitions;
- Purchase Orders;
- Warehouse Requests;
- Requests for Proposals.
Initiators are the first users to create the document needed for processing approval.
For example, in Precoro, the Initiators of Purchase Orders are purchase managers, the Initiators of Invoices are accountants, and the Warehouse Managers create Warehouse Requests.
4. Approval Roles
First of all, an approval role enables the user to view all the documents created in that module by any other users.
Approval workflow in Precoro is set up according to location/department access for each user. Thus, users with access to one specific location/department will be able to see the documents created only by initiators of the same role.
Users with approval workflow receive emails with the information they have documents to approve.
This would allow controlling the purchases and expenses in the frames of one location.
5. Payment Role + Budgets
In Precoro, the payment role can be granted to any user, and it allows creating payment documents to track whether a respective Invoice was paid or not. Accountants and financial managers usually have Payment Roles in Precoro. Often the same users have approval functionality roles for Invoices as well.
6. Report Roles
Users with Report Roles have an opportunity to see the Order analysis of all Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions, and Invoices. This visibility is helpful for company audits and for analyzing procurement metrics.