This article will lead you through the process of setting up the Expenses module.
To start using this document type, please, follow these steps:
- Turn the switch on;
- Ensure that all needed features are turned on;
2. Set up proper roles for users to give them access to the Expenses module:
- Go back to the Configuration page —> User Management;
- Select related to the Expenses roles and press the Update button;
The "View only" role, grants document viewing without rights to editing or approving.
The "Create" role provides access to the document creation and editing.
The "Approve" role allows approving the documents created by other users and set up the users as approvers.
The "Pay" role gives the possibility to make payments for Expenses.
3. Make your Custom Fields (Departments, Projects, GL Accounts, etc.) available in Expenses:
- Open Configuration —> Documents/Items Custom Fields;
- Select the Custom Field and click the Edit button;
- Mark the Expenses checkbox as active and click the Update button;
4. Set up the Approval Workflow for Expenses:
- Go to Configuration —> Approval Workflow —> Expense Approval Workflow;
- Set up the approval workflow based on your needs;
Congratulations! Now, you are ready to create, approve and pay Expenses from your employees.
Articles that can also help you: